On the weekend of 13th and 14th August, the Skills Sessions will be held in a marquee in Portland Street Swansea. This is the road between Starvin Jacks and the Kardomah, around the corner from Next and Marks and Spencer. There will be a great range of skills on offer and as it will work out one tutor to 3 participants it will be an enjoyable session where you can ask questions.
All the sessions run on a drop in basis and we will be taking bookings from approximately 8 -9 am on Saturday 13th, when you can book for both Saturday and Sunday slots.
We have some skills that offer 4 sessions over Saturday and Sunday, these are
1. Sashiko with Pat Phillips
2. Machine Embroidery with Rachel Barratt
3. Using teabags as a surface for embroidery with Ruth Norbury
4. Redwork with Jan Rees-Jones
Others have two sessions on offer
5. Printing on Fabric with Mary Passmore (Sun)
6. Trapunto with Dian Smith (Sun)
7. Paper Piecing Patchwork with Judith Dursley (Sun)
8. Felt making with Pat Johnson (Sat)
9. Fun with Canvaswork with Fiona Fair (Sat)
10. Intro to knitting with Karen Tingay and then Trish Perkins (Sat)
11. Fabric manipulation with Margaret Jeffreys (Sat pm and Sun am)
And finally single sessions of
12. Soldering iron and synthetic Fabrics with Margaret Davies (Sat am)
13. Dorset Buttons with Jean Bills (Sun pm)
I hope there will be something for all stitch fans and we will ask you to let us know what you think after your session.
13. Dorset Buttons - this is a good opportunity to learn a colourful and inventive technique where you use curtain rings as the base on which to build a web of stitch and then embellish so you create one off buttons and brooches.
Lovely selection of colours
Buttons together to make a bracelet
Are you excited yet?
May 2, 2018
October 18, 2015
A timetable of exhibitions, venues postcodes and dates.
Please check the venues for actual day and time openings..